2006-04-21

Update


"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea."
(Habakkuk 2:14)








I'm planning to post a series of, well, lectures (for lack of a better word) I wrote when I was teaching a Sunday School class of college students and I had posted on my old website. It's on the life of Christ, as viewed from a young person's perspective -- I use the word "young" as a relative term, by the way.


That class was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life, brief though it was. I've always felt a calling to work with college-age youth, partly because my own experience during that time in my life was so tumultuous, mainly from a spiritual standpoint but, really, in many other ways as well. It's a long and often sordid tale, and I'm sure I'll talk about it some more later. I touched on it briefly in my introductory post.

I don't teach that class anymore, regrettably (and I use the word "teach" loosely -- I was more of a moderator; we mostly just sat around and talked). I let a new job get in the way of it -- I just didn't have the time anymore. God's been dealing with me to get involved in those young men and women's lives again despite the demands on my time my career requires, even if I can't meet with them every Sunday morning as I had been doing.

Rambling ... sorry 'bout that.

In case you're wondering, the above picture of a cross is from the farmer's market in Charleston, W.Va. If you live in the Kanawha Valley and haven't been to Capitol Market, shame on you. Go. Now. Buy some tomatoes, maybe a few flowers for your front yard ... whatever. As that shoe company says all the time, "Just do it."

Oh, and that goes with deepening your relationship with Christ, too. Just do it.


Want to know Jesus? Read Romans 10:9,10, click on the link to your right or send me an e-mail. God bless...



0 comments: